• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
westy

Rear Brake Hoses For A 1.6

westy

Popped down to ECP today to pick up some handbrake cables and rear brake hoses for my 205.

However, I was offered either the Inner or Outer ones :lol:

the 'outers' had a female connection on ends (same diameter) and the 'inners' had the same female connection on one end, and a male, smaller diameter connection on the other end. which ones do I need?

Cheers!

GLPoomobile
Popped down to ECP today to pick up some handbrake cables and rear brake hoses for my 205.

However, I was offered either the Inner or Outer ones :lol:

the 'outers' had a female connection on ends (same diameter) and the 'inners' had the same female connection on one end, and a male, smaller diameter connection on the other end. which ones do I need?

Cheers!

Assuming you still have the drum brakes, you need the front flexis that go over the beam tube. I'm pretty sure these have a male and female connection on the passener side, since the 1.6 has a T-piece that splits off the solid brake line, and then a standard female to female connection on the drivers side. This ties up with what they are saying about 'inner ' and 'outer'. So if you are needing both rear flexi pipes then you need one of each.

westy

Yep, Miles is sorting a beam for me, and i'm getting some parts in advance. So I need one 'inner', and one 'outer'?

GLPoomobile

I'm 99.9% certain (IF you are using the 1.6 drummed beam, that is). Just tried looking through the parts list but can't find anything for the 1.6.

These flexis have female ends as the solid brake lines have male ends. But the difference with the 1.6 setup is the T-piece that the nearside flexi connects to. The T-piece has female connections on each of it's 3 points - 1 solid line in, 1 solid line out, and 1 flexi line out - hence the flexi that connects to it's output needs a male end. I'm probably confusing the issue now!

Sign in to follow this