• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

Sd Roll Cage Addaption, And General Questions About It

acox99

iv just got my SD 6 point bolt in rollcage, firstly, is it FIA and MSA approved? i want to use it for hill climb, in sports libre (i think, the one above mod production), secondly, i want to weld it in, is that still ok, thirdly, what do the scrutineers tend to look for, forthly, i was thinking of putting harness loops into it, as i dont fancy mounting my harness to the body, is this feasable, and making mounts from the cage to the front struts, to add strength, would i have to send the cage off to get it done professionally? anyone know where, and would it also be MSA/FIA approved, and would the scrutineers approve?

sorry for the 20 questions, i did do a seach but couldnt find anything.

blackpug

Your first port of call would be the MSA blue book for the definitive regs...

Here's a few things AFAIK...

If you weld in the feet of the cage you have to keep the bolts in too

If you add to the cage you need to use the right tubing (blue book...) and it must be welded all the way around the tubing (not just where you can see!) as scruts regularly check

Same with harness bars, they have to be of the right tubing and welded properly.

As long as tubing specs are good enough and so is the work then you shouldnt have any probs. If you're in any doubt over your welding ability though i'd definitly get someone elso to do it - at the end of the day it's there to save your life!

jonnie205

I would just weld the plate 3mm plates to the floor then m10 bolt the cage to floor as it was designed for. You will need 38mm CDS for any cage mod, this tube is hard to get now so you may have to order it specially

Sign in to follow this