• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ren

Cam Pulleys

petert
Peter, have you further increased the over lap using your off set wood ruff keys on 4 inlet and switching it round on 2 exhaust, affectively changing it to 6 inlet 0 Exhaust?

Sounds like you were counting pulleys rather than sheep!

Advancing the the exhaust will restore top end power. There's no point in retarding the exhaust however. That would only waste fuel from excessive overlap.

I think we need to start talking about lobe centre angles and the effect different pulleys have, rather than just the pulley. The standard LCA with a #2 pulley is 114 deg. With a #3 111 deg. With a #4 108. I would never recommend the use of an offset key with a #4 pulley as this would push the LCA around to approx. 104 degrees. Such a figure would be OK with huge cams, but not a street car. You'd also have valves colliding with pistons if not checked.

Higgy

Here are pics of my Mi16x4 ECU's

Mi16x4 2-ROW ECU :-

post-6419-1171801007_thumb.jpg

Mi16x4 3-ROW ECU :-

post-6419-1171801020_thumb.jpg

(oh I did a rev-limit test and it was 6900rpm, but I know my dash gauge is out).

Higgy.

Baz

I have a couple of 3row ECU's. they're '355's too, i don't think they're 4x4 specific tbh.

KRISKARRERA

Both my 2wd Mi16 were/are identical to those pictured above and both rev to 7400rpm on the 405 rev counter.

Sign in to follow this