• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Rear Bumper Brackets

ALEX

My car has been in the garage now for it's third week.

I'm finally getting the rear quarter damage sorted out, along with a few other bits and bobs.

It sounds like its finished and all that is left to do is refit the rear bumper, but the brackets snapped when they removed it.

Aparently they've been waiting for 2 weeks for these brackets so they have decided to make them.

I'm thinking its the bolts with the square end that sits inside the recess that the red insert fits into, is what they are making.

If so, and the ones they made look crap is is possible to still buy new ones? as I remember finding it hard to buy them for the front bumper a few years ago.

sonofsam

Auto Five do the front ones wich i bought a couple of a few months ago, so I see no reason

why they wouldn't do the rears too.

GLPoomobile

Quite possibly it is the S shaped brackets that support the bumper. I think there are 3 of them, one in the middle and one at each side.

If so, then they would be pretty easy for the garage to fabricate.

pug_ham

I think they could still be available from Peugeot, I rang them a couple of months ago to check if the front ones were specifically sided & iirc they had some in stock & they were less than £10 each (front ones) so they back ones should still be available.

Graham.

de Noir

It is, I ordered a set recently.

Ren

The bolts are also still available as I bought a set recently, part no.s are 742947 for the short ones at the back and 742948 for the long ones on the side.

Ren.

sherly

Just got off the phone to order mine - LHS "C" shaped bumper iron and the middle "S" shaped bracket - both available and reasonable money too (£3 and £6 respectively).

Should be able to pick them up from the dealer tomorrow morning. :)

Edited by sherly

ALEX

The rear bumper looks OK so the brackets they made are staying on for now.

Though I can see why cars are written off so easily nowadays as it's not just the price of the repair, but the availability of the parts.

Edited by ALEX

Sign in to follow this