• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Distributor Cap And Arm

TaffyTim

Ive been down this path before and got confused and im going down it again as confusion has raised its head again today.

To start here are old pics of my distributor cap and arm:

MiLeads.jpg

MiDizzycap.jpg

MiRotorArm.jpg

I went to get some new ones today and went to Camberley Auto Factors, said i had a Citreon BX 1.9 Gti 16v and they said they needed to order the arm in but it would be in tomorrow with no probs.

Being impatient i went to GFS up the road and said the same thing. Here i was asked if it was a black cap with screw fittings. I said no, its brown (Im colourblind but im sure this its brown, slap me if im wrong) but does have (3) screw fittings. He said it sounded like a Bosch cap and couldnt help so i asked Camberley to order the arm for me and i'd get both from them tomorrow.

Surely GFS must stock the correct cap and arm?? Will Camberley be getting me the wrong bits also? How can such simple items be so tricky to track down?

Miles

The black cap is fitted to base model 205's and Motronic 1.9 GTi's, All the 405 and bx16v used the Brown cap and arm, they should be about £20 > £25.00 each from the last time I bought some

KRISKARRERA

I got the genuine arm cap and base plate off ebay for £16.33 - fookin bargain!

Also someone else is selling them on ebay cheaper that GSF: the cap. And the arm.

Sign in to follow this