• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RAF_gti

If I Keep The Standard Suspension

RAF_gti

Afternoon ;)

After a couple of hundred of miles under my belt I am starting to get a feel for the car and I am loving it :P The standard suspension impresses even although I have no idea if or when it has been replaced.

Apart from I would like the car a wee bit lower I am seriously tempted to simply replace with standard items, what else could I do to improve it?

Thicker ARBs? Group N mounts, top mounts? Various 309 bits and bobs?

With the harshness I am 'saving' with standard items I would not so loathe to introduce more harshness with Group N items. If that makes sense!

As usual sorry for the questions and I welcome all your input :lol:

Steve

hengti

what kind of use would the car be getting?

must admit, i'm more than happy with the std suspension on mine (daily driver and occasional track/sprint car) and haven't tinkered other than to renew everything with genuine parts. the ride/handling compromise of the std suspension is superb imo.

there's plenty you could do if you're not too bothered about everyday comfort though

swordfish210

a roll cage and some decent tyres would be most benifical to your handling, you could replace the suspension with 309 stuff to give you a wider track width. Dont fit wide offset wheels though to try and get a wider track without the hassle of fitting new suspension because you will probably end up making the car handle a lot worse

jonnie205

Leave it alone is my advice, maybe replace parts if they are worn but dont just replace everything as its a total waste of money. the origional pug shocks are the best but these are no longer available so you will get sold aftermarket sruff which is pants. If you want it lowered then the only way is to buy a koni or bilstein sprintline kit. These will lower car about 30mm but make back road thrashes very bouncy

Batfink

i bought standard shocks from Pug last year............??

i'd personally fit group N top mounts and group A rear sandwich mounts, a strut brace and leave it at that

de Noir

Full renewal with stock components. No more, no less.

Bilsteins and gr. N or A mounts viable option.

I did this on my previous 306 S16, worth every penny.

Sign in to follow this