• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tidy_Andy

1.9 Compensators - Help

Tidy_Andy

I just got some new compensators from eurocarparts but im not sure which way round to mount them in the brake lines. The old ones have M10 threads on both ends an are marked with a groove at one end however the new ones are missing the groove and have M10 thread on one end and M12 on the other.

Anyone got any ideas on which way round to mount them?

If anyones got a newer pug eg 307 or 406 would you mind having a look for them on your car an let me know so i can get the thing back on the road today ;)

GLPoomobile

Ummm, I can't tell you which way around they go, I'm afraid. But the obvious question is, are you also replacing any brake lines? Cos if the new ones have an M12 thread at one end whereas the old ones had M10 threads, you ain't gonna get them to fit the existing brake lines!

hengti

i think the bigger union is 'in' and the smaller is 'out'

ps. why are you asking about 307/406? ( ;) )

Tidy_Andy

i run braided flexi lines through the car and have made up some adaptors so i can plumb the new ones in. I just need to know which way round to plumb them in. Obviously id rather only bleed the brakes once rather than have them in the wrong way round an have to rip em out again ;)

Was asking about 307's/406's as there newer cars and i presume these compensators are from a later model with disks than the 205

Edited by Tidy_Andy

tom_m
i run braided flexi lines through the car and have made up some adaptors so i can plumb the new ones in. I just need to know which way round to plumb them in. Obviously id rather only bleed the brakes once rather than have them in the wrong way round an have to rip em out again :blush:

Was asking about 307's/406's as there newer cars and i presume these compensators are from a later model with disks than the 205

i wouldn't bother with compensators if you're running bigger front brakes. my rears do nothing with my 206gti 180 conversion. i'm removing them due to this.

Tidy_Andy

There is no weight over the back end an with my Midilite calipers on the front i find the rear is locking up way before the front. I have to get it Road legal an MOT'd by next weekend so dont want it failing on F/R brake ballance.

Sign in to follow this