• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbliss

Time Of Month For Car

pugbliss

Hey

I dont know what it is but i think my car has pms....... :lol:

It seems that every other day the lights or some part of the electrics is playing up and the culprit is always a bad earth...

I know my car is old (16/17) but come on car give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may aswell strip the car totaly and start again with a compleate rewire......... oh and before anyone says do this, DONT im not that electically clued up to do a whole car.

But is there anywhere that sells part looms or even full ones if its easy to replace them?????

cheers

Anthony

The looms themselves are normally fairly robust, but the connectors and earthing points let them down.

Clean up the main earthing points around the car (half a dozen or so) and if you still get problems, clean up the pins on the connectors for the lights or whatever you're having issues with. That'll solve 98% of electrical issues with no expense and little time.

Completely re-looming a car is a *massive* undertaking and far, far harder than sorting out the connections on what you already have.

Sign in to follow this