• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
funkymofo

Cleaning Calipers

funkymofo

I recieved some 307 hdi calipers through the post yesterday but they are really quite dirty, alot of the "dirt" seems to be fairly loose and will come off when you run your finger over it.

Is there anything I could soak them in to clean them up, or will this potentially damage them? Obviously I will remove the pads first :lol:

Or should I just use elbow grease and a toothbrush with turps or similar?

Cheers.

Rippthrough
I recieved some 307 hdi calipers through the post yesterday but they are really quite dirty, alot of the "dirt" seems to be fairly loose and will come off when you run your finger over it.

Is there anything I could soak them in to clean them up, or will this potentially damage them? Obviously I will remove the pads first :lol:

Or should I just use elbow grease and a toothbrush with turps or similar?

Cheers.

Elbow grease and brake cleaner is best, although I soak mine in some of the bilt hamber stuff - I strip 'em fully first though.

Edited by Rippthrough

funkymofo
Elbow grease and brake cleaner is best,

bah I was afraid someone might say that :lol:

Cheers.

WildCards

Get a dremmel tool to take the elbow grease out of the equation. I bought a cheap imition one from Aldi (of all places!) for nasty dirty jobs like this and it works a treat.

Edd-XS

I always find them easier when on the car... that way u can clean all the 'visible' dirt, an cos you cant see the non visible stuff, you can just pretend its not there! :P

Edd

Sign in to follow this