• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pad

Atlantic Blue - Cant Get Paint?

Guest Pad

Hi there,

I recently bought an Atlantic Blue CTi that needs a bit of a brush up, I am having some trouble getting hold of the paint though? Has anyone bought any previously and if so where from? (local Pug dealer doesnt list it nor does paints4u.co.uk..)

Thanks in advance,

Pad

Henry Yorke

EPY GL is the paint code you need to get matched. Any decent bodyshop / paint store should be able to do this for you :P

Guest Pad

Thanks Henry, we have an Autopaints not too far from here so I will nip over this weekend.

By the way, any idea how rare this colour is? From what I can gather it is CTi only?

Cheers

Pad

welshpug

ias it really light blue? not too dissimilar to Moonstone?

saw a 1.6 CTi in that colour yesterday

Guest Pad

No, its actually very dark and looks more green than it does blue, I thought it had been resprayed when I saw Atlantic Blue in the owners manual but after some investigation its definitely the right colour. The more you look at it the more you see a bit of blue in it..

Cheers

SaneMan
No, its actually very dark and looks more green than it does blue, I thought it had been resprayed when I saw Atlantic Blue in the owners manual but after some investigation its definitely the right colour. The more you look at it the more you see a bit of blue in it..

Cheers

There you go, my Altlantic Blue............... when I went to buy it I thought it was sorrento. Then got it home and next to my sorrento it looks very green........makes the Sorrento look a very dark racing green to almost black.

4-1.jpg

Edited by SaneMan

Henry Yorke

Atlantic blue is a CTI only colour and came on late 1.9 power hooded models. CTi's often have bespoke colours as they were assembled in Italy at Pininfarina, not France and Spain like the rest of the 205's. There are some ncie pics about with the 306 cabrio on a production line next to Ferraris!

Atlantic Blue is probably the second rarest CTI/GTI 205 colour after Yellow. There are only 250ish 1.9 CTI's and only a small proportion are in Atlantic Blue.

The blue that looks like Topaz or Moonstone is actually Haze Blue

Edited by Henry Yorke

Guest Pad

mine must be rarer still then as its a 1.6!! :lol:

Cheers,

Pad

Sign in to follow this