• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RAF_gti

Tyre Sizes 195/55?

RAF_gti

Hiya

I have popped up again with more annoying questions so bear with me!

I have access to a set of Bridgestone SO-2 in 195/55 size, is this ever used on the 205 and if so what is the opinion? The size that is, not that particular tyre.

If I have to go for a new tyre should I go for 195/50 or 185/55, grip or feel is the choice really..

and finally, Im well used to the Exalto PE2 from the 182 Clio, any experience of them on the 205?

Steve

Sandy

I was thinking of trying them next.

welshpug

195 55 will be too tall for the rear arches and will rub on the bumper, 185 55 is close enough!

as for 185 or 195 i'd go 185, got some on the back and I can feel and control the back end soo much better than the front on 195's.

welshpug

195 55 is the standard size for 405's and 306's if thats any help.

RAF_gti

I'm sure back in the days of 309 ownership that I read in the manual the they should of had 195/55s on them.

Perhaps it is the memory playing tricks tho!

Looks like I shall be shelling out on new tyres then :rolleyes: Still, 37 per corner on F1s isn't THAT bad!

Sandy

The 309 GTi16 had 195/55s, but GTis were 185/55.

RAF_gti

Ahhhhhhhhh

Learn something new everyday :rolleyes:

feb

Fantastic tyre and very grippy although the sidewalls are softer than my current RE720's so they can overheat on the track but for the road it's one of the best you can get i think. i was surprised how much more playful the back end became after i removed the PE2s.

RAF_gti

Exalto PE2 at Costco for £140 fitted in 195-50.

I think I know where I will be going!

Steve

futura

I have had the PE1, now have got the PE2 and I am quite happy with them. They are tender at the start and a bit firmer towards the end of their life (the inner layers are tougher than the outer)

Sign in to follow this