• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Drew O

106 Gti Engine In 205

Drew O

Ive Been told it is possible to fit a 106 gti engine into a 205 ive also searched the site and i cant find nothing i was wondering if anyone had any guidelines on how they would fit in etc what mounts need changing if any you know.

Be a HUGE! help..

Cheers.

Drew

:)

bren_1.3

if its a gti shell, the answer is no no no no no.

welshpug

and whysat bren?

all 205 shells since circe 88 are the same, the subframes do differ between the TU and XU but not the shell, but the subframes can be modified easily.

bren_1.3
and whysat bren?

all 205 shells since circe 88 are the same, the subframes do differ between the TU and XU but not the shell, but the subframes can be modified easily.

hmmm slight over-reaction by me.

im taking a few things into consideration here.

1) there can be differences in the shells.

2) youll need the e.c.u unlocked.

3) subframe differences with the gear linkage posts.

4) unsure about driveshaft differences? you'll be back on to base model hubs and shafts.

5) still wont have Mi16 levels of power

6) cast iron block rather than the alloy mi-16

7) unless youve got a 106 gti donor youve got piping problems.

8) have you got enough clearance by the alternator to run a gti radiator?

9) wiring it all in properly. probably as much hassle as an mi-16.

10) a LOT less documented conversion than say um.. an mi-16.

11) possible problems with the manifold and downpipe.

believe me im all for TU engined 205's. im going the same route with my 1300 TU with gti subframe and shell but i wont have as much wiring to do and my block is alloy. but im building a 1400 rally car.

for a road car modification i just think there are much better options available, with a lot less heartache / cash.

Sandy

Speaking as one of the few people who've actually done this! I love the 8v TU with a passion and i'm fond of the 16v, but it just doesn't make sense against the VFM of an Mi16 or GTi6 conversion, you have less power potential, the MA gearbox, which I avoid where possible and it's more hassle to fit than an XU frankly, before you even get involved with wiring and ECU's.

I opted for TB's and DTA ECU on mine, which made it simple and it made great power, but it's not a patch on a tuned TU 8v for thrills frankly, the 1.4 8v i've just done in a 106 XSi is a serious grin generator, without even knwoing what powerit's making. The TU 16v seems dull when you've tried both i'm afraid.

Sign in to follow this