• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom Dimma

Manifolds

Guest Tom Dimma

the xs engine is the same as the ax gt engine. iv found 4 branch manifold for ax's does that mean they will fit a pug?

swordfish210

nah it wont, i think you'll find that the downpipe on the xs goes straight down whereas the one on the ax goes off to the left. it would fit the stud pattern on the head but you would have to cut and weld the down pipe or make your own. you're better off asking macaroni when the next group buy of the csc manifolds is going to be

Jrod

I thought he said he asked them to keep a few in stock so you might not have to wait, just ask!

GazRallye

I think if you or somebody you know are handy with a welder you could persuade it to fit...

Don't know if this would effect the flow or whatever though

macaroni

I tried to get an ax one welded to fit and the kink over the rear crossmember is very sharp.

CSC manifolds are cheaper than new Janspeed ones and fit perfectly first time. If you want one, there is one in stock, but someone else was after it, so unless you're quick, you'll have to wait for the next group buy.

macaroni

In the big group buys they are £177 + £8.50 postage.

The next one will be around April time.

I am currently waiting on a quote for 4 of them independently of the big group buy. If the price is good and we get 4 orders, we can order them anytime.

I'll let you know.

Jrod

I'm just fitting mine and have a question.

I'm assuming at the join on the bottom you only push it in far enough so the gearbox hanger lines up and not all the way in?

Ta

GazRallye
I tried to get an ax one welded to fit and the kink over the rear crossmember is very sharp.

:D

Thats a shame for me, because i've just bought a saxo vtr one that was on an ax!

What was the actual problem?

I have a friend who is pretty handy and managed to persuade a cooper s super charger to work on a mk2 golf, so surely this wont be too much of a task for him... :wacko:

macaroni

I don't think the 2 tasks can really be compared...

The problem is that to to get the exhaust over the rear crossmember, a really sharp bend needs to be welded in. You'll see when you start the job.

It can be done, as per Sam's manifold, but it isn't an ideal solution.

GazRallye

Sorry, all i was saying that he's pretty talented when it comes to getting things that shouldn't fit, to fit

Which Sam is this? I'd like to talk to him before the task is undertaken

Sign in to follow this