• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sam1312

Dta Comms

sam1312

DTA f48

i have one of these ecu's and ive got the softwear from their web site i just need to make the comms cable now, has anyone made this cable before? if so could you tell me the wiring numbers

any help will be gratefuly accepted

Edited by sam1312

M@tt

you just make a straight through cable, wiring pins 1 through to 5 ie pin1 to pin1, pin2 to pin 2 etc you need the 2 differnet connectors which can be got from maplins and a ethernet cable is good for the job if you have got a spare one

This might be a useful bookmark for you

http://dtaforum.psycode.com/

HTH

Matt

smckeown

I'm making an s60 flash cable at the moment. I got all the bits from maplins. The wiring diagram is in the manual or on the DTA forum as listed.

sam1312

so its a 15pin conector at the ecu side and a 9 pin conector at the laptop side, and its just like for like 1-5 ie 1-1 2-2 3-3 4-4 5-5

also my laptop doesnt have a serial port so i was going to use a serial to usb adaptor will this work?

M@tt

thats correct with the wiring

usb-serial connectors are a bit hit and miss :blink:

i bought one off ebay to help with 309Pugs dta but it would not work with my laptop at all. In the end i just got a s*itty old laptop running win95 that had a serial port and used that, worked like a charm. You can pick em up off flea bay for next to nowt

Infact this is pretty much the one i have

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Old-Toshiba-Satellit...1QQcmdZViewItem

£32 can't be bad!!

Edited by M@tt

sam1312

thank you for your help guys i will let you know how i get on

cheers

Sign in to follow this