• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

Can You Still Get New Exp Tanks?

Spiky

are they still availble from peugeot, my expansion tank is quiet yellow, so i'd like a ew one, assuming the new some is clear?????

also the low lever sensor?? can you still get these????

cybernck

i've recently got a new round white one (it's not clear when new B)) with a new plastic cap too.

it came in for about £40 for both, from a Peugeot dealer.

not sure about coolant level sensors though.

205wrc

New expansion tanks are available from Autofive @ £25.95 (part no.CP026) The coolant level sensors are also available from them @ £19.95 (part no.CP023)

GLPoomobile

What about square PH2 ones? I heard that you can get clear(ish) versions of them. I prefer the design of them to the Ph1/1.5 round ones but the fact that they are black so you can't see the level inside is a bit of a pain!

Robsbc
What about square PH2 ones? I heard that you can get clear(ish) versions of them. I prefer the design of them to the Ph1/1.5 round ones but the fact that they are black so you can't see the level inside is a bit of a pain!

PH2 tanks are indeed clear part no. 1303.73 and costs around £20 plus VAT

Gentrix
PH2 tanks are indeed clear part no. 1303.73 and costs around £20 plus VAT

Is this a Peugeot number or Autofive?

andi

Edp

That looks like a pug number Gentrix.

1303 73 01

- RIGHT HAND DRIVE WITH ABS BRAKES post-3253-1173481230_thumb.gif

Edited by Edp

Higgy
i've recently got a new round white one (it's not clear when new :D) with a new plastic cap too.

The same engineer must have been working at Peugeot quite recently, as my (now sold) 206 GTi also had a milky (when new) expansion tank.

Does no one at Peugeot think clear plastic would be best? :D

Gentrix

found a picture of a pretty clear one

silnik1.jpg

miamistu

It's tempting to make a black one with a strip of clear plastic down the side so you can check the level.

GLPoomobile
found a picture of a pretty clear one

silnik1.jpg

Any idea what model it's from?

Gentrix
Any idea what model it's from?

No - sorry - I found it on a polish website (I think it was polish) - and I don´t understand any polski *g*

yorkshirekowboy
It's tempting to make a black one with a strip of clear plastic down the side so you can check the level.

i have spare black one so might have a go like you said by putting a clear strip down the side, thou finding out how to make it stick and water tight maybe a problem thou ;)

GLPoomobile

It would need to be plastic welded. I you can get a clear section of plastic then just take it to some place that can plastic weld.

yorkshirekowboy
It would need to be plastic welded. I you can get a clear section of plastic then just take it to some place that can plastic weld.

would it be expensive? what type of plastic would it ahve to be?? persex? flexable stuff? ;)

Sign in to follow this