• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

Ditching The Hydraulic Rear Sus For Shocks On A 4bie

acox99

is it possible to replace the rear hydraulic units on a 405 x4 for shocks, as i have a rear beam off a 4bie, but its missing all the suspension system, and i would rather have shocks than the original setup, i think i have heard of it done when the original units give up the ghost, as there so expensive to fit.

can anyone help?

cheers Ali

Rippthrough
is it possible to replace the rear hydraulic units on a 405 x4 for shocks, as i have a rear beam off a 4bie, but its missing all the suspension system, and i would rather have shocks than the original setup, i think i have heard of it done when the original units give up the ghost, as there so expensive to fit.

can anyone help?

cheers Ali

Sphere's are cheap?! B)

acox99

i want to use it for racing, so wanted something a but easier, and more conventional, if you get my drift, and im missing parts, and the shocks are leaking. so thought would be easier to swap for a shock if possible.

welshpug

nopthin wrong with spheres buddy! I know that theres a few BX's being raced on spheres :rolleyes:

acox99
nopthin wrong with spheres buddy! I know that theres a few BX's being raced on spheres :rolleyes:

How do they handle with the standard suss? Anyways of uprating it at all? Would you say stick to the standard setup? Bearing in mind its being transfered on to the back of a 205?

Hilgie
How do they handle with the standard suss? Anyways of uprating it at all? Would you say stick to the standard setup? Bearing in mind its being transfered on to the back of a 205?

If you keep the sphere, you can use one from a BX 16v...much stiffer than the normal one.

acox99

are the parts easily available and cheap, can citroen ones be straight swapped for the 4bie ones?

Sign in to follow this