• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bonez

2.0l Turbo Exhaust Downpipe

Bonez

right got a problem getting hold of a turbo downpipe so is there another downpipe i can use?

i.e will the 1.6 one that's on my car fit on the turbo? or one of another car?

its the flange bit i need cant find one for the turbo so had me thinking will one of another engine fit!?

cheers :D

bales

I am sure people who have done this conversion will give a better answer than me, however since I am about to do the conversion I am pretty sure you have to fabricate a down pipe to match your own exhauts system.

As far as I am aware there is no standard pipe that will bolt to your turbo elbow and mate up to the original exhaust.

Do you actually mean the downpipe or the elbow, I take it you have the elbow that bolts up to the turbo, but you want a pipe to match to your system where the standard downpipe would attach?

Edited by bales

Bonez

what i was thinking or hoping to do is get a XM or 406 downpipe (for the turbo flange) then make an exhaust from that

but getting hold of a flange is proving inpossible!

jackherer

You can use a 205 GTI one. Although with a 2.0 turbo you want a cheap copy one WITHOUT the central split that everyone with an NA engined 205 cares so much about :D It wont bolt straight on though, you'll need to cut the flange off and reangle it somewhat.

The Xantia 2.0 turbo D/P is actually part of the catalyst so that might be why your having trouble finding one. If you really want a turbo one I have one I could be persuaded to part with but you don't really need it.

Bonez

ar cool :D as long as my GTi one will fit over the turbo flange bit that's all i needed to hear :D

can stop hunting now lol

cheers chap

Bonez

nice one mate :D

will have a read as that look's helpfull :D

sonofsam

Yes please do :D Lots of other topics after a search on 'turbo' 'downpipe' 'exhaust'

make good use of the search facility for this conversion, its all out there.

Bonez

i did do a quick search but couldnt find exactly what i wanted to know :D

now i do :D

Sign in to follow this