• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hi3afp

1.6 Cti, Pinking

hi3afp

HI

Finally a get the xu10j2 head fitted in to a xu5ja, i feel the engine with more power, but the engine ping at low and middle range under load.

what i need to solve pinking:

Better fuel

Cold spark plug

play with the dizzy (retard)

jackherer

what fuel are you running it on now? If its below 97 RON then that could be your issue.

In the US the petrol we call 97 RON is called 92 OCTANE as it is measured differently. I don't know which of the two measurements are used in Dominican Republic but you need a fairly high grade :D

If fuel doesn't help then the next move is retarding the distributor, how have you set it currently? Is it just in the same place it was on the XU5 or have you set it using a strobe? Either way mark it so you know where you started and then retard it a lot to see if the pinking stops. If it does stop then advance it bit by bit until the pinking returns then retard it a degree or two for safety.

Anthony

What compression are you running, as I assume you had the head skimmed?

hi3afp

Hi, an thanks for the replies

I load the gas tank with Texaco teckron , and then i work with the dizzy as you tell, the pinking has gone B) . The engine pull all the revs range :D .

I will like to do RR test, But don't know were in my country.

I have a friend (honda fan) that have a gtech performance meter, have any of you ever try one ?.

I'm running the standard intake system, an after market one will help ?

Thanks, again

Sign in to follow this