• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Peugeot Original Spade Connectors

Grim.Badger

When I've got a bit of money spare I'm going to make a new sensor loom to replace my current one, however I'd like to use the original plastic connectors which will not accept normal spade connectors. Does anyone know if you can still get the ones Peugeot used? If so are they stupidly expensive?

To those who hate the multiplug, it's lasted 16 years on my car so can't be that bad plus I intend to fill it with copper grease to keep the water out :rolleyes:

Rob_the_Sparky

Not sure TBH, have pondered before whether you can still get them (I keep killing radio connectors via leaking heater matrixes!).

Initial reaction is no, they are a very old connector design but you can still get radio adaptors new so at least some variants of this connector type are still being made somewhere.

Rob

Grim.Badger

Peugeot claim to not stock them anymore :P

I think I may have found them on the Wurth website but the picture is so blurry I can't tell.

Wurth

160 77 looks like it might be right but I can't quite remember what the originals look like :D

I'll probably get a 7-way waterproof connector from Autosparks instead

Rob_the_Sparky

Certainly easier! and almost certainly better but still doesn't stop me wanting a new original!

ablister

you can still get them and they are stupidly expensive as they come in bags of 5,10 etc.

The 12 pin brown connector for the sensor loom is part no. 6541 C3 (come in packs of 4), the male terminals are part no. 6542 V5 (come in bags of 5). Can't remember prices tho.

You can buy the connectors for all parts of peugeot looms but are very expensive, the part no.s are on infotec

Grim.Badger
you can still get them and they are stupidly expensive as they come in bags of 5,10 etc.

The 12 pin brown connector for the sensor loom is part no. 6541 C3 (come in packs of 4), the male terminals are part no. 6542 V5 (come in bags of 5). Can't remember prices tho.

You can buy the connectors for all parts of peugeot looms but are very expensive, the part no.s are on infotec

Fantastic :D any idea what part number the female connectors are, or are they more easily available? I found some that look similar on the web but I can't be certain without seeing them B)

Sorry for my ignorance but what's infotec?

ablister

the female terminals are 6542 19 for 1mm2 wire (31p each) and 6542 20 for 3mm2 wire (56p each).

You can get similar things from durite for much cheaper, motor factors sometimes have durite stuff.

Infotec is an online site for peugeot information, it costs money to view it though. Has wiring diagrams etc

hope that helps

Rob_the_Sparky

56p each????? One connector could get SERIOUSLY expensive.

Grim.Badger

Right next question.

I'm too lazy to check this :blink: but how many connectors are there and what sex are they on the cabin side of the sensor loom?

I presume the sensor loom enters the cabin through a grommit on the passenger side :blink:

ablister

they are female on the cabin side of the loom and iirc, there are 12.

The loom is part of the main engine harness so enters through the bulkhead next to steering column

Sign in to follow this