• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Putting Central Locking + Leccy Windows

djinuk

putting central locking + leccy windows in a xs , what do i need to do this and is it a big job ?

djinuk

no replies yet, please let me know , or even if anybody is selling what i need to do this

Baz

You'll need the door looms if it hasn't already got them, if the same as a GTi then can be plugged in under the dash near the fuse box.

You'll then just need to add the mechanisms and solenoids, hook them up and plug them in and you're away. But it's simpler said than done i'm afraid! B)

:D

djinuk

lol cheers, well gona take a treck around the scrapyard on saturday see what peices i can pull together, where do the leccy buttons sit in a 205.. sorry im a ford man lol

GLPoomobile

On my H reg, the door loom was already in the drivers side, but it doesn't look like it is in the passenger side. What's that all about?!!

BERTMAN

had a replaced passenger door sometime in its past maybe?

GLPoomobile
had a replaced passenger door sometime in its past maybe?

Nope, the whole car was pretty much 100% original.

Ryan
On my H reg, the door loom was already in the drivers side, but it doesn't look like it is in the passenger side. What's that all about?!!

Mine was exactly the same. And no evidence of the door being replaced either. (maybe it a H-reg thing?)

Baz

My H plate was exactly the same!! :) It had one electric and one keep-fit window until i got round to getting the other loom for the passenger side for about a year!! :rolleyes:

Edited by BazGTMi

Baz
Mine was exactly the same. And no evidence of the door being replaced either. (maybe it a H-reg thing?)

:rolleyes: beaten to it! but it does appear it maybe an H reg thing, i always though mine must've had a replacement door at some point, but never found any evidence to appear so.

Phil H
:D beaten to it! but it does appear it maybe an H reg thing, i always though mine must've had a replacement door at some point, but never found any evidence to appear so.

I had an H plate aswell that had s drivers loom and no passenger loom.

MiD

Having fitted one electric motor to my H reg you lot are now getting me worried in case I go out and find no loom in the passenger door. Surely someone with an H reg has the loom in the passenger door, I don't want to or even have the workspace or ability to extend the loom!

GLPoomobile

Bloody french engineers, right weirdos!!

I always think of my H reg as a Ph1.75 cos it's mostly Ph2 but you just get these little oddities where they weren't sure what they were doing when they put it together!

I've got the motor and door section of loom from my old J reg, so I guess I'll have to route around under the fuse box for the other end to join to then, yeah?

Phil H

I have a spare early one piece window and locking loom if you can't find one.

MiD

Nice sunny day and out I go to my workshop which is a nearby back street as I live on a main road and what do I find as I'm about to fit passenger door electric window. NO WIRING LOOM...aahhhhhh. Have waited weeks for the right weather to do this.

Phillip does that spare wiring loom fit staight in on an H reg?

Juz

sorry to resurrect a old thread but it seemed an appropriate place for this...

i have a '92 k 1.6 gti which does not have central locking on the doors or the boot. each lock has to be operated manually (all work off the same key). from what i have read through searching on here, most people's late 1.6 gti's appear to have central locking so i'm in a minority it seems.

anyway i also have a '90 g 1.4 gr sat on the driveway too which as central locking on all the doors and the boot. BUT, it's a 5 door.

does anybody know (before i go taking things to pieces only to find it won't work :wub:) whether the solenoids off the gr will work on my gti? the gti does have electric windows on both sides so i assume it will already have the wiring loom present for other electrics. i have no idea about the boot though? i'm also worried with one being 5dr and the other 3dr - could this effect the type of central locking mechanisms that are used?

Guest ralphy1
;) have central locking,but my leccy windows have just packed in.is there a motor in both doors?87 model.205gti

oli-pug

are the leccy window door pockets different or do they just clip on?

Guest ralphy1
are the leccy window door pockets different or do they just clip on?

same,but i realise i had a silly moment,obvious a motor in each side!have just bought a manual on e.bay.could be the relay,will check this weekend,regards. :D

Sign in to follow this