• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

Mi Throttle Cable?

Edd-XS

Right i've done a search and it would seem that the 'universal 405 cable' is what everyone uses in there conversions, question is, where do I get one from? Or I shall re-word that, can I get them from anywhere thats not gonna rape my wallet (ie, pug!)

They want about £30 for one kit, or £40 fo the other... which one do I need exactly?

This is one of the last things needed to be done before my 'SORNed-for-past-17-months' 205 is back on the road! yay! :ph34r:

Ta

Edd

Daz_C

As far as I know Peugeot is the place to go. I just ask for an accelerator cable for a 205 Gti. As yo say its a universal kit so I presume one fits all. I can't find the reciept at the moment but damn sure it wasn't as expensive as £30 :ph34r:

The part No for the ones i get is 1629.86 if thats any help.

j-16

A universal throttle cable from an autofactors will be fine and cheap, around 5 quid.

jim205GTI

Try euro carparts! thats where i got mine from its a universal cable just you cut it to size!! under a tenner i think and includes everything you need to connect it to pedal and throttle body :ph34r:

Edd-XS

'647545001' Is the part code I found from eurocar parts, but that seems to be for a 405 Mi throttle cable, cant find a universal one :S

Will keep looking, dont suppose you have the part no. of the bit you got to hand do you?

Thanks!

Edd

EDIT: Seems thats the same part code for the 205 aswell so assuming that that is the kit! Awesome! cheers...

Edited by Edd-XS

Alastairh

I bought one a couple of months back from pug for my brothers mi.

Asked for 405 accelerater cable and was £25 for the whole kit, so dunno why yours was soo expensive.

Edd-XS

'cos there a bunch of bastids thats why! Pretty sure ive found the right kit now anyway so that'll do!

Ta

Edd

jim205GTI

Sounds about right :D be listed for a load of cars not just one B)

Sign in to follow this