• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hodgy

Bike Carbs

hodgy

on my R1 bike carbs i have lil black rubber things on the end of them what i beleive are called "trumpets"

i wanna know the actual name of them as i want metal ones so i can get a better sound out of them and preff some longer ones too. so if someone knows the name of them and where i can get some it be good

Rippthrough
on my R1 bike carbs i have lil black rubber things on the end of them what i beleive are called "trumpets"

i wanna know the actual name of them as i want metal ones so i can get a better sound out of them and preff some longer ones too. so if someone knows the name of them and where i can get some it be good

More likely to hear them called 'velocity stacks' for bikes.

Richie-Van-GTi

yup and you will probably have to get some fabricated as its not something thatis generally upgraded on a bike.

Rippthrough

Actually there are some stacks for both the R6 and the R1 on the market, but chances are they will be too short for a car application.

Dream Weaver

Not sure about carbs, but measure the internal diameter of them with the black trumpets removed - I used Weber 45 trumpets on my bike bodies and they fit in a treat with some slight mods.

M_R_205

hey, i had the same problem and thought it would be a fortune to get some made but i bought some jenvey ones cut the mounts off and fitted them with sme silicone hose the same id as u use on the manifold, check out the jenvey site then accessories then top right click on the `various air hornes see drawings` bit theres a good choice and about 15 - 20 quid each

im going to use the 45 x 90 second row down second from the right

hodgy

thanx!

does anyone have any idea why the GO pedal is so stiff? it some times jams open too and its pritty scary :D

welshpug

running a bit rich sir?! :D sound good! 8v?

M_R_205

did you look at the diagram matt205xs left you on the other thread?, if its routed like that then the only other thing it could be is a kink in the inner wire somewhereand make sure the inner isnt jamimng behind the pedal, or a very sharp bend in the outer, also try blasting any s*it out of the outer with wd40,

hodgy

there not set up yet i just fitted them and got the car to run.it feels lean on the top end now but its gonna get set up by boggs hopefully very soon cos im sick of paying for fuel. 90miles to £20 :rolleyes::)

its a 1.9 8v GT. its spose to be a 1.6 gti tho

Edited by hodgy

Sign in to follow this