• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vern

Gti Base Model Shocks

vern

I have fitted GTI shocks to my diesel workhorse, and I am sure it has raised the ride height.

Would this be possible, do the shocks have different spring pan heights? or something like that?.

pug_ham

I fitted gti shocks & springs to my old diesel & it lowered the car about 20mm.

If the spring pan heights are different then yes it is a possibility but afaik it is the same height on all 205 front shocks.

Did you strip the shocks down & if so have you refitted everything for the top mount in the correct order?

Graham.

vern

I did strip the strut down, as was using the original diesel springs, with a set of nearly new GTI shocks. And as far as could tell it went back right ie it all worked and looked right.

pug_ham

Were the springs seated againt the spring pan stops or turned slightly away from them?

Graham.

Enfield

Have you driven it since you fitted the springs?

I've fitted GTi shocks and springs to my diesel and I think it might be a tad lower.

Compared the springs of the GTi ones to the standard ones and the GTi ones were much much shorter but a lot stiffer.

Sign in to follow this