• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Suspesion

Gavin Waddell

was wondering what suspension people would by witha budget upto 500 quid. ive been reading posts on what people would recomend and i can see that it would be between billies and gaz. what i would really want to know is peoples experisnces. the car is gooing to be used for slaloms and track days and fast road(li)ve in switzerland

its caged, runing BM mouts, grp n engine mounts, and powerflex bushes alround.

I had spax onit before and it was really crashy.

any ideas or suggestions would be good.

gavin

pug_ham

Bilstein, no competition imo.

Graham.

Faz85

Another vote for Bilstein here...And if you feel like extending your budget slightly, you could go for the SBC Phase 1 setup, which is very good and although quite firm, it is not crashy. IIRC the phase 1 setup is about £600 new, but you can get some cash back if you have any standard shocks to exchange with them.

Faz

Edited by Faz85

Gavin Waddell

graham what would you recomend as the best billie set up, and any ideas on where to purchase it, i live abroad and acoming over for 2 days so need to pick it up then.

BERTMAN

billy sprintlines seem to get the gerneral thumbs up

Gavin Waddell

sprintlines with eibach springs?

Miles

Sprintlines or now known as B8's with Eibach's, Another option is the Group 'N' (Known as challenge ones for some reason) front and back for around the same price

Good base set up which most people like, Get some decent bushes in the wishbone's which hopefully if tested fine BBM will start supply them as I've replaced loads of people's Powerflex bushes that have failed, Pretty soft too compared to the std one's.

pug_ham
graham what would you recomend as the best billie set up, and any ideas on where to purchase it, i live abroad and acoming over for 2 days so need to pick it up then.

What Miles said, Sprintline, group N or Challenge spec set up. I've got group n tarmac rear dampers & will be getting some front Bilsteins shortly for my track car.

You can get them from Miles as well.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this