• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Fixing Broken Clipped Sunroof Trim Without Using Glue

yorkshirekowboy

hi,

just realised today that one side of my front sunroof trim the clips are broken and loosed off the screws in the car and even when loosing off the screws the clips still snapped :)

so i searched forum and somebody said using glue would do this? but what if u wanted to take it off again etc.???

anyhow came up with an idea of like a spring washer that could be applied to the torx nut shank, and the rest of the trim where the clip used to be, the spring washer could lodge itself on that somehow????

is there such thing like spring washer but which has a slit down the middle, makin it fasten to the torx fitment, and also then sercuring whats left of the plastic trim clip area???

silly post maybe, but its just an idea i had thats all :blush::P

steve@cornwall
hi,

just realised today that one side of my front sunroof trim the clips are broken and loosed off the screws in the car and even when loosing off the screws the clips still snapped :angry:

so i searched forum and somebody said using glue would do this? but what if u wanted to take it off again etc.???

anyhow came up with an idea of like a spring washer that could be applied to the torx nut shank, and the rest of the trim where the clip used to be, the spring washer could lodge itself on that somehow????

is there such thing like spring washer but which has a slit down the middle, makin it fasten to the torx fitment, and also then sercuring whats left of the plastic trim clip area???

silly post maybe, but its just an idea i had thats all :blush::P

I just put a blob of silicon on the torx head and held it all in place with tape until it dried,until I found a replacement-then I just pulled it off

Sign in to follow this