• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti_al

Anyone Got Corbeau Forzas?

gti_al

I've had some in my car six months... maybe a year and they are pissing me off badly. As far as cheap buckets go they are fine, but due some saftey problems they are no longer sold in australia. This meant that i couldn't get corbeau subframes, and had to adapt the 205 ones.

Because of that the seats are at a stupid angle, and i look like i am going cruizing round the local maccas carpark all the time.

Has anyone else had this problem? How should i get around it? I have tried putting spacers under the back of the subframes, but it doesn't seem very solid. If anyone has a pic of a proper subframe i would be very interested to see it...

Edd-XS

Ive got these seats and made my own subframes.

Got 4 pieces of steel strips, bolted them from side to side across the top and bottom mount point on the floor, then bolted the other two pieces to the bottom of the seat at 90 degrees to the ones in the car, put the seat on top, marked it out and bolted them together! Seat is nice and low and very solid (top grade steel)

I did lower the steering column with some thick washers too (plastic ones used on standard subframes) but driving position seems spot on now!

HTH

Edd

gti_al

That setup sound the same as mine... I've found the seat is tilted way back, so it needs to be straightened up somehow. I've tried putting a couple of the original plastic spacers under the rear, but it doesn't look very secure.

Maybe my seats are different. They say corbeau on them, and i was told they are forzas... I'll get some pics.

Sign in to follow this