• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Faz85

Grp N Exhaust On A Daily Driver 1.9 8v?

hodgy

group N has two silencers group A has one! my group A had to be widend to fit on to my down pipe! the OMP group A has a kind of old sports car look from behind as you can see the back box.i like the loo of it. end of the day when your gonna make your choice for me there is a few choices

1. how long you wanting the exhaust to last?

2 are you bothered bout loosing a tiny bit of power?

GLPoomobile
group N has two silencers group A has one! my group A had to be widend to fit on to my down pipe! the OMP group A has a kind of old sports car look from behind as you can see the back box.i like the loo of it. end of the day when your gonna make your choice for me there is a few choices

1. how long you wanting the exhaust to last?

2 are you bothered bout loosing a tiny bit of power?

My Group N Came from Special Tuning and has one silencer (the centre pipe has no box on it). This is the same system sold by West Midlands Motorsport, and that is also advertised as Group N. I think that Skip Brown's Group N system also only has one silencer.

As somebody clarified above, the Group N/A definition relates to the bore (and the sound rating as well - Group A is too loud for track days IIRC) and not the number of boxes. This is obviously going to confuse some people because logically, you'd expect the Group A system to be the least restrictive one and therefore be the one with only a single box.

Faz85

^^ Ditto, I purchased mine from AB motorsport, which is the same group N exhaust as sold by Special Tuning. From previous research I found that the general concensus was that the group A is VERY loud, and most probably not suitable for a daily driver, which was my principle concern when I started this thread.

In both cases, Grp N/A, I wouldnt expect either one to be any more restrictive than the other. The loss of back pressure on the other hand, could affect the tune of the engine and be responsible for a slight loss in power I suppose.

Faz

Gibbo GTI

Got round to fitting the Pug Sport Group N exhaust at the weekend. I must be pretty deaf if people find it loud for a daily drive car. Its a little louder than standard but not by much, certainly sounds better though. Even when giving the car beans at speed, the exhaust noise isn't excessive. I'm happy with it, oh and it only has 1 silencer :D

Sign in to follow this