• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sutol

Window Winder Cables

sutol

The window winder on my 'R' reg 106 broke recently. :( I know it's not 205 but maybe someone can help.

If not will 205 bits fit ?

I managed to repair the winder mechanism B) but on reassembly I find that I have forgotton how the wires are routed B) The manual is very helpful ''relocate the wires'' :huh:

Nny one know how they are routed please? ;)

Richie-Van-GTi

if they are like the 306 then the wires just cross over so the top of the winder feeds the bottom of the regulator, not sure if thats what you mean?

sutol
if they are like the 306 then the wires just cross over so the top of the winder feeds the bottom of the regulator, not sure if thats what you mean?

Got the regulator bit but then they disappear into the door frame. I have found where to connect them inside the door ( to lift glass etc) but how to route the wires from the regulator (mended :huh: ) to the glass to lift it ??

Tried but wires either too long, too short, B) or won't work

Paintguy

205 uses a totally different system so the bits wont fit I'm afraid.

It's a long time since I had a 106/saxo door apart, so I can't really help, but surely there are only a few different combinations for routing them?

sutol
205 uses a totally different system so the bits wont fit I'm afraid.

It's a long time since I had a 106/saxo door apart, so I can't really help, but surely there are only a few different combinations for routing them?

Tried most of 'em, cut hands to shreds , unravelled cables etc, will try again when weather gets warmer

:)

sutol

Might not have to fix it after all :angry: Someone whacked it up the arse this afternoon and I think it will be written off.

God my neck hurts :blush:

Sign in to follow this