• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Conrods

DamirGTI

Hi !

how to remove (separate) conrods from pistons ( wish to make 1.6 pistos and 1.9 conrods ;) ) ? and how to assembly conrod back in the piston ? i know abaut some special tools and heating proces but can't it be done without specilal tools ? B) i have try to remove them but it was ended with broken piston every time :huh:

cheers B)

MartinR

you need a press. If you are using a hammer and a drift then you are asking for trouble

pug_ham

I've managed to remove the conrods without damaging the pistons using an engineering vice & sockets before.

Once they start moving it doesn't take much to push them out.

Graham.

DamirGTI

can you explane a litle bit please ?

thanks ! :(

pug_ham

Large engineers vice, a socket that is slightly smaller than the conrod o/d & another larger one for the opposite side of the piston (internally larger than the hole through the piston).

Tighten the vice up to push the gudgeon pin out of the conrod. It takes quite a lot of force so you need a secure & strong vice to do this.

I've not refitted them as yet but for that you would be safer using a press as Martin suggests.

Graham.

DamirGTI

great :lol:

thanks !

Guest rick03054

I've been told to boil them in water for a while before hand to heat them up. Never tried it so I've no idea if it's any good but just thought I'd let the idea out :lol:

Sign in to follow this