• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Enfield

Fixing Advisory Items

Enfield

Hi there,

I recently bought a 205 Rallye off another forum member and have been going through the service history and MOT documents.

I have here in front of me the current MOT. The car was tested in November and passed with only two advisory items.

They are as follows:

001 - Nearside front tie bar/rod rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement

002 - Offside front tie bar/rod rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement

What's one of those? Is it easy to fit a new one? How much do they cost?

The car appears to have not had a service for a number of years according to the service history, though the previous owner might have told me he serviced it himself but I honestly can't remember. Anyhow I think there's no harm in assuming that it hasn't been serviced and I want to take good care of it...

So what parts should I change to keep it running sweet?

The cambelt was last changed at 54,000 miles and the car is now at 115,000 so I will get it changed too.

The only parts that I can think of to replace for servicing are:

Air filter

Fuel filter

Oil filter & oil

Spark plugs & leads

Distributer cap & rotor arm

Is there anything that i've overlooked?

P.s. Is it worth changing the coolant and brake fluid?

trogboy

To me it sound like the rubber bush on the outer ends of the anti roll bar where it locates into the middle of the track control arms. These are the arms that connect the base of the front hubs to the front subframe.

As you may know the anti roll bar on the base model suspension acts as a tie bar to control the lateral movement of the front wheels where as the GTi has a triangular track control arm and the anti roll bar is completely separate.

swordfish210
To me it sound like the rubber bush on the outer ends of the anti roll bar where it locates into the middle of the track control arms. These are the arms that connect the base of the front hubs to the front subframe.

As you may know the anti roll bar on the base model suspension acts as a tie bar to control the lateral movement of the front wheels where as the GTi has a triangular track control arm and the anti roll bar is completely separate.

If it is them then they are not hard to change. You can buy a complete lower arm from Euro Car Parts for about 30 quid (trade prices ;) ) then you just unbolt the old one and wiggle the new one in. Remember to keep the near side driveshaft in the gearbox though cause they have a tendancy to spring out and drain transmission fluid all over the floor

trogboy
... drain transmission fluid all over the floor

Or all over your chest if you happen to be working under the front of the car and manage to give the back of the hub a hefty knock with your elbow!

Enfield

Lol!

My old man did that on my TD with the driveshaft...I went ape ****!

I'm going to take pictures off the hub and that tomorrow because i'm not sure which part you're talking about - not really with it at the moment.

There's one part on the TD that I need to get changed, a little rubber bush, just need to know the name of it so I can get a new one so pictures will come in handy.

Ta

P.s How much would you pay for a 205 1.8 Turbo Diesel (5 door) with 125k on the clock? 1 years MOT.

Guest BrainFluid
How much would you pay for a 205 1.8 Turbo Diesel (5 door) with 125k on the clock? 1 years MOT.

Condition? colour? Service history? Reg year?

My 3 door Td, K reg , grey average codition outside, very good conditon inside, 110000 miles and no service history just went for £330.

I've seen a good condition 5 door Td go for £600 on Ebay. But if the condition of the car is average then I would say they are worth less than a 3 door not a lot of folk seem to want them.

An average condition N/A diesel 5 door tends to go for around £250 on ebay...

Enfield
Condition? colour? Service history? Reg year?

My 3 door Td, K reg , grey average codition outside, very good conditon inside, 110000 miles and no service history just went for £330.

I've seen a good condition 5 door Td go for £600 on Ebay. But if the condition of the car is average then I would say they are worth less than a 3 door not a lot of folk seem to want them.

An average condition N/A diesel 5 door tends to go for around £250 on ebay...

Interior is in good condition so is exterior. No s/h B) M reg

Bought it for £800 (I know, I know). Would like to get that back for it...

trogboy

If you paid £800 for it then there is always the possibility that someone else will too. I guess it just depends on how quickly you want to shift it.

Sign in to follow this