• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cheesy-peas

Where Can I Get Suspension From?

Guest cheesy-peas

This might seem a pointless post,but what company whould you reccomend to buy your suspension from? Im after either: coilovers (front) uprated lowered shocks (rear) or just a bilstein sprintline kit? My car is mainly going to be used on fast road and if i get the time hopefully a track day and possibly the "ring" later on in the year. Many thanks.

GLPoomobile

I'm glad you asked actually because I was also wondering where the cheapest place is to get the Sprintline kit.

I know Autofive do it, but they only offer a measley 'up to 5%' discount to us! And knowing them it's probably a good 20% more expensive than everywhere else anyway!

Guest cheesy-peas

My mate reccomends POTN.co.uk but i just wanted to see what every one else uses as theres that many different prices out there! :P

Doof

Miles did me a good price on here, maybe drop him a PM?

welshpug

ECP do Sprintline kits.

Ahl

I'd try Miles, but motorsportworld.co.uk also do good prices on Sprintline kits.

I have the Sprintlines on my car, but with Eibach springs. I can recommend it for what you need. :P

GLPoomobile
I'd try Miles, but motorsportworld.co.uk also do good prices on Sprintline kits.

I have the Sprintlines on my car, but with Eibach springs. I can recommend it for what you need. :)

Sorry to hijack yet another topic :P but I was wondering what to do about the Eibach springs. I already have Eibachs, which I believe should be the 7001 part code. Now I was under the impression that they are supposed to be 30mm lower, but the guy who fitted them (the ex owner of my old 1.9, but the springs are now on my 1.6) said they were 40mm lower. They certainly seemed that low and the wishbones sat horizontal with the ground.

Ideally I wanted to raise the car a bit and compromise with 25mm lower springs (which I believe the Sprintline kit comes with).

Are the Eibach springs available in different lengths?

Should I just keep these springs or go with the ones supplied with the Sprintline kit?

I know it's not much difference but living in London every mm counts! Don't want to go back to standard though cos it looks crap.

Ahl

Phone up Eibach UK. They are very helpful, though as standard I don't the springs come in different sizes.

The bilstein springs are alright, but lower than 25mm I'd say. They are listed as -30mm a lot of the time. I'd probably go for some Skip Brown -25mm springs. They are dual rate too, which helps on the comfort side.

GLPoomobile

Yeah would definately consider the SBs. Would that give me the equivilant set up to the SB fast road 1 set up?

What are they, like £80 or something?

Guest cheesy-peas

Cheers everyone,im going to start having a look now. :D

Doof

Think the SBC springs are slightly cheaper than the eibachs, about 55-60 iirc.

It won't be the equivalent of SBC phase1 because thats quite pricey, but it'll be close i'd imagine.

futura
I got the springs off www.motorsportworld.co.uk

But i got the shocks individually of www.needforspeed.co.uk

Mention you are a PSOOC member and they give 10% off so the price becomes cheaper than eurocar parts!! (even though they still come from eurocar parts!!)

Total cost was about £180 in all delivered i think.

So i got the shocks and eibach springs for the price most places sell the kit with the terra springs.

Nick

I quoted the above from an old topic. Since the rears are too soft on the streetline kit, I would like to order the fronts separatly.

Does anyone know their part number? I have done a search here and on google, and even on bilstein's website I can't see them?

Edited by futura

Faz85
I quoted the above from an old topic. Since the rears are too soft on the streetline kit, I would like to order the fronts separatly.

Does anyone know their part number? I have done a search here and on google, and even on bilstein's website I can't see them?

Is that the front streetlines your referring to futura? If so, Im pretty sure they are the same shocks as in their O/E range, the part numbers are...

VNE-4104 Front Left

VNE-4105 Front Right

Faz

futura
Is that the front streetlines your referring to futura? If so, Im pretty sure they are the same shocks as in their O/E range, the part numbers are...

Yes sorry if it wasn't clear :)

VNE-4104 Front Left

VNE-4105 Front Right

Faz

Thanks Faz :lol:

futura

Just looked at the price of the following:

1/ Full Peugeot original suspension setup - £597

2/ Streetline front shocks + Peugeot Talbot Sport (PTS) mounts and coils + Peugeot original rear shocks - £263

3/ Full PTS suspension setup (details below) - £308

These are based on the price of PTS parts in France converted to GBP's. Can UK Peugeot dealers provide PTS (Peugeot Sport) parts? If not who does?

post-5972-1169338576_thumb.jpg

Edited by futura

Sign in to follow this