• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Sump Stuff

swordfish210

Has anyone ever fitted or made a "baffeled" or "winged" sump to a TU3 engine. If so have you got any pics or drawings of how you did it. Any help would be greatly appriciated as i am thinking about making one of these two in my spare time at college. Thanks

bren_1.3

TU's dont suffer from oil surge. and im not even sure the works 1.3 tu24 205's had them fitted.

never heard of one on the forum die from surge issues anyway.

EDIT: to cover my ass, maybe the odd one or two but not to the level of MI16 surge issues.

I'd check the old PTS catalogues to see if they ever made one, but you might be on your own with that *if* you decide to go ahead and build one.

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

swordfish210

i was never worried about oil surge too much i was just thinking that it might be something cool to do at college

bren_1.3
i was never worried about oil surge too much i was just thinking that it might be something cool to do at college

im sure there are a 1001 things you can make at college that will actually benefit your car. ;)

stu_woac

I secound that the way the sump is designed there is no surge

205Rallee
Has anyone ever fitted or made a "baffeled" or "winged" sump to a TU3 engine. If so have you got any pics or drawings of how you did it. Any help would be greatly appriciated as i am thinking about making one of these two in my spare time at college. Thanks

There was a larger GroupA sump produced for the works TU24's and my mate made a copy of the works one for his TU24 when he wrongly thought he had a surge problem. My memory's going but I'm sure he copied it from a real one Gary Bond got from Peugeot Taslbot Sport at Coventry.

bren_1.3
There was a larger GroupA sump produced for the works TU24's and my mate made a copy of the works one for his TU24 when he wrongly thought he had a surge problem. My memory's going but I'm sure he copied it from a real one Gary Bond got from Peugeot Taslbot Sport at Coventry.

ill see if there's a spare in the garage for him, but theres no way im pulling the sump off that car.

205Rallee
ill see if there's a spare in the garage for him, but theres no way im pulling the sump off that car.

Whilst on the subject have you still got all the ex PTS bits that Gary had? I remember he got a big list of all the Rallye bits they had left and he got me quite a few bits. There was some really juicy GroupA parts, but at the time I had no cash!

bren_1.3
Whilst on the subject have you still got all the ex PTS bits that Gary had? I remember he got a big list of all the Rallye bits they had left and he got me quite a few bits. There was some really juicy GroupA parts, but at the time I had no cash!

most of it still resides on the car itself. which is now at my friends rally prep firm awaiting rebuild. just wants all the safety equipment putting back in really and new seats and harnesses.

i rebuild a second engine i found in there in parts, which looks like it ate an exhaust valve and smashed a forged piston, its now awaiting the conrods back from having thicker small ends put in to accept the standard pistons.

PM me if theres something specific that you need and ill see if i can help you out.

swordfish210

OK guys i'v been stripping a rallye engine ready for a rebuild today (check it out at http://www.talk-torque.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=724) and i was measuring up the sump and i can see what you all mean about the TU sump not suffering from surge it does look very well desinged. So i think for now i'll just stick to rebuilding my engine and designing and building my rose jointed gear linkage for my XT. Thanks guys

Sign in to follow this