• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Solid Rear Beam Mounts And Wheel Allignment

GLPoomobile

Was just wondering if fitting the early style solid rear beam mounts (alu disk with single bolt through) can affect your rear wheel allignment.

As anyone who has fitted them knows, when fitting these you have to apply a bit of leverage to the beam to get the bolts to go through into the shell, because the OE bushes have offset bolts. So if you have to lever the arms outwards, surely this must have an effect on the geometry.

Is this the case or am I talking hairy ball sacks?

Just wondering as I was contemplating sticking the Mk2 versions with the offset bolts on in place of the Mk1s that I currently have.

Edited by GLPoomobile

Anthony

It won't have any effect on the wheel alignment, as you're only moving the rear mounts, not the tube or trailing arms.

Certainly if you've already got the early type fitted, I wouldn't bother swapping to the later type.

sonofsam

Hairy ball sacks im afraid!

Had my tracking checked a few weeks back and it was all fine.

309 beam + Mk1 mounts, dont need that much levering anyway i found.

GLPoomobile
Hairy ball sacks im afraid!

I really am a bell end of monumental proportions, aren't I? :)

I just looked at a picture of the rear beam on the main web site and now realise my school boy error. If I'd done that in the first place I wouldn't have had to post this!

I'll get me coat :D

Sign in to follow this