• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hman205

Car Just Stopped Working Today

hman205

Was driving along and suddenly just lost the spark any ideas what would cause such a sudden faliure

dont appear to be getting an output from the coil

Anthony

Are the injectors firing when cranking (crank it over with the plugs out and you'll see the fuel vapour being fired out of the cylinder), as that'll give you a good idea of where the fault is.

If the injectors are still working, then try the ignition amp and coil (I'm assuming you've put a sparkplug on the kinglead and checked for spark, thus bypassing the dizzy cap etc).

If the injectors aren't working, check the main ECU relay is switching, check you're seeing a 12v ignition feed, and try another crank sensor.

Give that a go :D

hman205

Defo Fueling as it stinks of fuel when cranking so guess it must be amp coil or wiring in that area! ;)

jeremy

I'm not sure if this will be relvant to you as it is a 16V motor and mines a standard 8V, however I found that the wire was rubbing on the drivers inner wing that went from the amplifier to the coil thus short circuiting. One new coil and a bit of insulation tape problem solved.

Sign in to follow this