• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Rallee

Exhaust Manifold Wrap

205Rallee

My nice new 4/2/1 manifold is due to arrive - Thanks to Macaroni! :blink::):)

Is it worth the bother wrapping the manifold or will it just help it rust away underneath the wrap? My car is only used for hillclimbs and sprints and isn't used in the winter although I do drive it to events.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Last Legend

If its a stainless steel manifold then I deff would,if its a cast one forget it ,it would indeed rust like mad.

macaroni

Plus, you can't see it glowing after a fast run!

TB_205GTI

I can reccomend flamebarrier.co.uk - that's where I bought my wrap at under half what K&N wants for it..

sutol
Plus, you can't see it glowing after a fast run!

Need to advance 'all in ' timing if exhaust manifold getting hot :D

205Rallee
I can reccomend flamebarrier.co.uk - that's where I bought my wrap at under half what K&N wants for it..

Will check the website.Do I need to worry about it rusting under the wrap?

bren_1.3

i second that recommendation. makes me sneeze and itch though.

Will check the website.Do I need to worry about it rusting under the wrap?

if its a road car then yes i would be worried about it rusting under the wrap. if its a rally car then it just requires maintenance. if its a wet event remember to remove the wrap afterwards and let it all dry out.

205Rallee
i second that recommendation. makes me sneeze and itch though.

if its a road car then yes i would be worried about it rusting under the wrap. if its a rally car then it just requires maintenance. if its a wet event remember to remove the wrap afterwards and let it all dry out.

Its just for a speed event car, last year it rained every time I did an event! I presume it will dry out with the heat anyway?

smckeown
if its a wet event remember to remove the wrap afterwards and let it all dry out.

I can't see how can you easily wrap and unwrap a manifold as easy as that ? they are a bugger to get on; i'd not even attempt it with the manifold on the car

bren_1.3
I can't see how can you easily wrap and unwrap a manifold as easy as that ? they are a bugger to get on; i'd not even attempt it with the manifold on the car

i didn't suggest theyre easy to wrap and unwrap.

if its just a car that gets used periodically, and you really are worried about your expensive manifold rusting away and you can be arsed. then just whip the entire exhaust system off, or whichever part youve wrapped and take off the wrap. its not a difficult job to remove the manifold and downpipe on a TU. an XU id presume it to be a b*stard.

Sign in to follow this