• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steve@cornwall

Fuse Rating For Electric Seats

steve@cornwall

Can anyone tell me the fuse rating to safely wire my 405 seat heating elements? (no idea of the power rating of the elements). As my wife tells me the leather's too cold at 5.30 am!

I intend to wire from the switched+ on the ignition switch through inline fuses, as it's already joined for a past immobiliser, through rocker switches on the side of the console. the earth will be run to the seat mounting?

cheers,

steve

(sorry, no pics of the frozen article!)

Edited by steve@cornwall

Ryan

A 10 Amp fuse should be fine for feeding both seats. I think they normally draw about 3 amps each.

Edited by Ryan

KRISKARRERA

Are they gonna work though? 405 heated seats like to stop working.

sherly

Probably not - I managed to get mine working after taking off the seat covers and tracing the wiring elements until I found all the broken parts - all of which incidently were down in the folds of the seat. It's a fair bit of effort....and I've still not wired them into the car.

Mart :blink:

steve@cornwall

Thanks, will let you know if they work!

KRISKARRERA

Wasn't trying to put a dampener on it but it's just almost everyone else I've ever asked said theirs never worked, I thought about taking the covers off on mine but decided it's such a bitch to do I'll just put up with cold leather for a few minutes.

I think if you can check for resistance and the 2 pin plug. 2 ohms is ok but if it reads infinity it's gonna need covers off.

Sign in to follow this