• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Clutches

welshpug

Right, I have a ZX 16v (read P2 2.0 Mi16/306 S16)

It has a clutch on its last legs so I need to source a replacement, the only thing I'm confused by is that some posts here state the Mi16 uses a push type clutch, but this car and my 405 use a pull type so I can only guess that its the 1.9 Mi thats being refferred to.

I know it has a 215mm Pull type clutch, which nearly everywhere I look is £115!!! a few places list it as £85, which is the price of a TD clutch, which isnt the right diameter.

Would a GTi6 clutch do the job? I know this is also a pull type unit.

Are there any other alternatives? I.E would a turbo clutch fit (though I have read on an ad on ebay that they Use the ML gearbox and a push type unit)

Hilgie

as far as I know the GTi6 one is also pull-type, also 215mm so should be a straight swap.

Turbo clutches don't fit.

welshpug

thanks Hilgie, just been checkign ebay and it seems I'm wrong on the TD clutch, they are 215mm and pull type, so would one of these do?

if they do thats a very good thing as they're a lot cheaper for some reason.

welshpug

really confused now :) GSF, ECP and Neat Auto's list the TD and 2.0 16v clutches at different prices.

GSF - £115 and £76.50

ECP - £94.64 (didnt check the TD price)

Neat - £93 and £85.

Buy parts buy throws the spanner in the works as the LUK part number they show for the TD and 2.0 16v is the same one :huh: £75.63 + VAT

Sie

Thats probably because it is the same clutch and not a re-boxed and labelled more expensive version of the same thing ;-)

welshpug

damn!!! i'll get searching on ebay then!!!

Hilgie

AS Sie says, the TD and GTi6 and S16 share the same 215mm pull-type clutch.

Sign in to follow this