• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

My Proposed Fast Road/trackday Chassis

oli-pug

ok, i'd like a little advice on how well this little package will perform. the car is used everyday to college and work so it cant be unbearably stiff as i'll be using b-roads. But im planning on going on quite a few trackdays this years also:

bilstein sprintline front dampers with eibach springs

bilstein challenge spec rears

309 gti wishbones and driveshafts

group n top mount bushes

group n rear beam mounts

standard 1.6 rear beam

what do you think?

Sandy

Sounds good, with a view to fitting 20mm rear bars later.

Miles

A set up I'd recomend, I'd go with a thicker rear ARB too and maybe Group 'N' front's too

Alan_M

Why not go the whole hog and get the 'Challenge' spec dampers all round?

I did have Sprints on mine then changed over to Challenge stuff. Very impressive, particularly round the Ring :D

oli-pug

do you think sprintline fronts and challenge rears wont be a good match then? the main reason was because i've found a 2nd hand set cheap so thought i'd get the best rear dampers for my money... a thicker rear ARB is definetely on the future plans list, wheres the best place to get one from?

is the full challenge spec kit alright for road use or will it shake my teeth out?

tbh i'll probably end up just getting sprints all round as i've heard very good reviews about them

Edited by oli-pug

Miles

They'll be fine is you've got a good S/H set, I hope they have only been on a road car!!, Rear ARB's can be got from Shenpar or me soon, OE type one's with splines both ends for easy fitment

jonD6B

Personally, I wouldn't use the 309 shafts and bones on an everyday car. I found that they tended to track too much for my liking.

oli-pug

Im sure they are a good set, only been used for about 300 miles and they look mint so no worries there!

I have heard about the tramlining issues with 309 front running gear. The main reason im going for them is because of the uneven tyre wear i get, i completely destroyed the outside edge of my front left eagle f1 in about 6000 miles.

I need new driveshafts and wishbones anyway so thought i'd give em a shot.

Edited by oli-pug

Doof

I can recommend this setup, it really is very well planted and never gets unsettled like it used to on std suspension.

One thing i will say though is that my entire car rattles like mad now which is really annoying, not sure if its the suspension so much as the grp N engine mounts...oh well, i'll just have to track it more to make it worth having :D

oli-pug

dont think i'll be uprating my engine mounts anyway so shouldnt be too bad (not until its got a gti-6 engine in there at least!)

is yours used as an everyday car then doof?

Doof

Sure is and I love it ;)

Over bumps its a little noisey but i've just grown to accept the vibrations. Its probably the engine mounts having loosened everything inside my car.

Could have given you a blast in it if you weren't so far away. I'd go for it and keep the engine mounts standard, thats what makes it annoying.

pdd144c

We do the ARB Oli. And Bilstein bits. Send me a PM if your interested.

oli-pug

think im going with the sprintline kit for now, do you sell it at xsport?

ARB will be added later this year probably.

Sign in to follow this