• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cheesy-peas

Whats Best?

Guest cheesy-peas

Hiya everyone im after abit more power from my 205 MI16, what does everyone reccomend either throttle bodies or carbs (either bike or 40s,45s)? Many thanks.

niklas
Hiya everyone im after abit more power from my 205 MI16, what does everyone reccomend either throttle bodies or carbs (either bike or 40s,45s)? Many thanks.

Throttle bodies have a slight advantage in providing better control but it costs more money to install and tune an aftermarket ECU.

Depends on the budget I would say.

45's are the common choice. I guess it comes down to that the intake manifold available is 45mm..

Guest cheesy-peas

Thanks very much,im going to have to keep an eye out for some carbs now. :D

welshpug

Throttle bodies arent actually that expensive to install and setup, they can run off the original fuel pump and piping modified, Carbs need a different pump, regulators and a load of stuff that Throttle bodies dont need, the other plus pint is that when mapping is complete thats it, no ffaffing and you have control over everything, carbs would either require the Dizzy, or an electronic ignition system.

TEKNOPUG

Turbo

Guest cheesy-peas

Cheers lads,a turbo would be awesome!Im going to keep an eye out to see what is up for sale and and what price.

Ahl

LOL!

Cheesy dude, all the options have their advantages and disadvantages and different costs. Add to that, that everyone has their own opinion.

Try searching this website for turbo/carbs/throttle body converisons that people have done. Once you understand how they all work and have seen the work and cost of previous conversions, then you'll be able to make your own mind up!

pdd144c
Turbo

You beat me to it Andrew!

Sam

Big Turbo. No messing :P

Sign in to follow this