• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiD

Another Remote Locking Question

MiD

I have searched all the posts on remote locking and none actually gives me the answer I'm looking for.

On my GTi I have the round remote sensor close to the interior light, however I have no key fob or bleep to lock the doors.

On ebay at the moment is a remote sensor from a 405 with a remote key. Is the sensor a straight forward plug in affair and can the remote key be taken apart and my existing key or a copy placed in the plastic remote body.

My STDT has remote locking but the remote part is a seprate key ring attachment rather than incorporated in the key.

Miles

The reciver just plug's in and all the one's I;ve seen have been the same, The thing that quite often happens is water get's into it and corrodes the pin's in the plug so if you can get that too you'll be laughing, Also check the interface by the steering coloum

yorkshirekowboy

i got a full unit from a 405 diesel with the blip keyfob and the sensor unit plugged it straight in, and hey presto it works class, though i hear if u have unit already in the car, another blip can be programmed thou never tried it with the infra red type one's found on eth 405/309/306/205, done a late two buttened 306 radio one, and that worked with another blip from another 306!!! :)

Ryan

The infrared fobs for the 205 can't be reprogrammed. :blink: They are permanantly matched to the receiver, so you either need to find a matched pair, or give peugeot the code number printed on the receiver and £70+ for a new fob.

Sign in to follow this