• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PugAddict

Suspension Boffins...

PugAddict

can you tell me what I need and where to get it from?

I 'think' I need the bottom ball joint on the passenger side wishbone.

Just got the car and it pulls erratically to either side over 40mph.

Had a look at the suspension setup and the wheel moves a fair bit when you grab it, looks very loose at the bottom of the wishbone.

Is it the whole ball joint that I need, or just the bush?

Where can I get it from and what is it's name (looked on GSF NEAT ECP etc and dunno which part I need as they're all named differently!!)

Regards

Dale

Anthony

It might well not be the balljoint but rather the hub is ovalled where the balljoint pin goes in - certainly that was the case on the last car I saw with this issue, so I'd check that first.

The balljoint isn't replaceable seperately to the wishbone on 205's and 309's, so if it is the balljoint, it's a whole new wishbone I'm afraid.

PugAddict
It might well not be the balljoint but rather the hub is ovalled where the balljoint pin goes in - certainly that was the case on the last car I saw with this issue, so I'd check that first.

If this is the case, what would i need to do to rectify the issue?

And anyone know a particularly cheap supplier of wishbones etc?

welshpug

cheap wishbones don't last, best to go for O.E from GSF.

As for the hub you will either have to source one second hand or buy a brand new one, but you cant tell what's up till you have the wheel and disc off and have a good wiggle.

jayblack-gti

Have you checked the bushes on the wishbone aswell, if there badly worn then that will allow the wheel to be moved when stationary. My old gti was really bad pulling all over the road and after inspection the bushes were so badly worn that i could move the wheel an inch back and forth, actually i need to replace the wishbones on my current gti lol

PugAddict

right then, i swapped the wishbone today with a known good one (from Gregg on this forum), and the bloody problem is still there :rolleyes:

It's pretty much deffo the hub that is at fault i think (ovaling), so that's the next port of call ;)

Anyone got a spare hub knocking around? :lol:

Mikey S
right then, i swapped the wishbone today with a known good one (from Gregg on this forum), and the bloody problem is still there :(

It's pretty much deffo the hub that is at fault i think (ovaling), so that's the next port of call :(

Anyone got a spare hub knocking around? :D

is it a 1.9? if it is, there the same as a 306 dturbo. :)

Sign in to follow this