• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lillpete

1.6 Gti Hubs Same As Diesel?

Lillpete

I'm just about to go to a breakers to get a new front hub as my bearing is knackered.

Am I right in thinking that diesel hubs are the same as 1.6 ones??

pug_ham

No, the diesel ones are the same as all the base models, the only other 205 with the same hubs as the 1.6 GTi might be the CTi.

If your bearing is knackered simply get a new bearing rather than the wrong hub from a breakers or one with a bearing that could only last a few k.

Graham.

Lillpete

I would have thought it would be very difficult to get the bearing out of the hub with normal home garage type of tools (Hammer chisel etc)

Anthony

I have a spare drivers side 1.6 hub/carrier if that's any good, and will be seeing a friend of mine that lives just down the road from Tring this evening....

Lillpete

Unfortunately I need the Passenger side :( But thanks for the offer.

where abouts are you heading tonight??

Ryan
I would have thought it would be very difficult to get the bearing out of the hub with normal home garage type of tools (Hammer chisel etc)

It's not the easiest job, but you can get the old one out if you hit it hard enough. Or just take the hub and new bearing to a garage and they'll probably press the old one out and the new one in for £5-10 cash.

Lillpete

Following Ryans suggestion I just been looking in the GSF catalogue for the wheel bearing and they list the same bearing (they don't list complete hubs) for 1.6 and diesel??

Anthony
Following Ryans suggestion I just been looking in the GSF catalogue for the wheel bearing and they list the same bearing (they don't list complete hubs) for 1.6 and diesel??

The bearing itself is the same, but the offset between the 1.6 and base model hubs is different

Lillpete

Just got back from GSF so I guess I will now be in the garage for the rest of the day fighting with this bearing :(

Sign in to follow this