• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nathanlgd

Starter Motor Knackered - What To Replace It With?

Guest Nathanlgd

Hiya,

It seems my starter motors knackered - whenever my cars warm the starter motor won't work. I turn the key and here a single click (i.e. its not the battery thats low) and nothing else. When the cars cold for example - every morning after being left over night its fine, turns over perfectly.

I've been told that its the starter motor selonoid and to fix it you need to replace the starter.

So, the engines an Mi16 in a 205 GTI 1.6. I'm not sure what the current starter motor is, I can't remember if it was with the Mi16 engine or if it was the original 1.6 item. But regardless, I thought I'd read that there are better alternatives to use on the mi16 like a 306 tdi starter motor?

A friend of mines going to get a new starter motor for me tomorrow - I just need to txt him whilst hes at work with the one I want so I need a quick reliable reply asap please! :blush:

Cheers

welshpug

Gti6/16v XSi unit is a good one, small and reliable.

Ahl

I can recommend the diesel ones. :blush:

Miles

I always use the GTi6 or S16 one's, I;ve yet to have a problem with them

Sign in to follow this