• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
joni

Suggestions For Best Road Rally Rear Beam Setup

joni
Try it out on the road first , a few hearty corners , should see if you are going to make contact before any real damage is done !

Definitely! Got a rally on saturday though so going to have to work fast given that i only have the evenings to sort the car out in the dark outside! I think the hardest bit may be getting the old bushes out of the 309 rear beam where the nylon bushes replace them. Any top tips other than WD40? Hacksaw?

Rob Thomson

They're little bastards. You need to remove the centre. I drilled out the rubber, but others use blow-torches to burn it out. Then you can cut through the outer shell of the bush, and then beat the crap out of what's left with a cold-chissel and hammer for about three hours. Really not fun, probably the job that's p*ssed me off most in all my years of Peugeot ownership.

Some people seem to have an easier time though! And there's a guide on the main site, I think.

joni
They're little bastards. You need to remove the centre. I drilled out the rubber, but others use blow-torches to burn it out. Then you can cut through the outer shell of the bush, and then beat the crap out of what's left with a cold-chissel and hammer for about three hours. Really not fun, probably the job that's p*ssed me off most in all my years of Peugeot ownership.

Some people seem to have an easier time though! And there's a guide on the main site, I think.

Hmmm.... seems my problems got worse!

Got all this to do before a rally on Saturday. Spoke to a local rally mechanic who said the drums from my 205 beam wont't fit on the 309 disc beam (somehting about hte radius arms) - can anybody shed any light on this? [He also said that if the handbrake was setup correctly then it works fine - a controversial view but some say yay and some nay and at this late stage i'm willing to go with yay]

I tried to get the hub off the stub axle on the 309 beam but it was a tight fit and i had to devise a way of pulling it off only to split the bearing! Great. Decided to put it back together for now and the bearing seemed to fit back together ok with all balls in place. So hopefully it will be ok????

So really need to know VERY qucikly what my options are.....

Can i really fit drums from a 1.6 205 gti on to a 309 gti disc beam?

If so.... Should i really need a hub/bearing puller to get the disc hubs off the 309 stub axles?

If not.... what are my realistic chances of getting a snapped bleed nipple out of one of the 309 calipers (not me!) and do i need to get a tool to push the calipers right back as turning with a suitably sized file seems to send one all the way back but the other not all the way?

Please get in touch asap as need to go down one of these routes and get the parts this morning!!!

joni

Please somebody!

Can i fit my 205 1.6 gti drum assembly onto my 309 gti (originally disc assembly) rear radius arms.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

Craigb
Please somebody!

Can i fit my 205 1.6 gti drum assembly onto my 309 gti (originally disc assembly) rear radius arms.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

Can't help you mate , but call Andy Baker at AB Motorsport he should be able to assisit 01926 421111

joni
Can't help you mate , but call Andy Baker at AB Motorsport he should be able to assisit 01926 421111

Cheers craig, Andy was really ehlpful and said i'd need to change the stub axles but that was it. Good news - as long as they come off easily!!!

Sign in to follow this