• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dill666

Cobra Subframes?

Guest dill666

Hi folks, i've not actually bought my pug yet but will be sometime in the next month or so, just wanting to work out roughly What i'll be needing. The plan is for cobra monaco's which can be picked up pretty cheap however What are my options when it comes to subframes? Dont really want to spend £170 odd on subframes. If i can find some second hand are they a straightforward fit? I had some in my old nova and ended up just using the original frames because the cobra ones sat too high and didnt slide back quite far enough. If anybody has a bit of knowledge they'd like to share that'd be great. I'm 6ft 2" if that makes a difference. thank n you. :ph34r:

huzzer

I'm currently fitting a pair of Forzas to my track car. They came with Mk1 golf subframes fitted which are nothing like compatible with the pug. I stopped off at the local metal work factory and picked up a bunch of offcuts of 25 x 6 mm mild steel and 1 inch angle and welded it together to make a simple frame. Really easy to do, depending on whether you have (or can borrow) a mig. Also, for me anyway, only the drivers side needed to be on a slider, so if it was only you driving, you could lose both sliders altogether and save about 2 inches in height. Just some thoughts. Hope its of some use.

Guest dill666

yeah i did think about doing it this way but wasnt so sure, I can't see there being anybody else driving it as its just going to be my weekend toy but i would like to have a slider certainly in the drivers side. maybe a case of spending a bit more time fabricating something for almost no cost but considerably more effort,

Any ideas if any other peugeot subframes would be anywhere near close as theres surely far more chance of finding something second hand then even if they just require a bit off gentle persuasion to go in??

Kev-G

Std. sliders with a couple of pieces of flat bar will do the trick.

jonD6B

A question asked in that listing was "Do these bolt straight to the floor?" and he answered yes. Surely, these bolt to the raised cross members and not directly to the floor pan. There is 3" height difference between the two. I found that even without runners my Cobra Imola2 sat too heigh to drive comfortably with a helmet on and I'm 6'.

Daz_C

I have a Brand New Cobra Subframe sitting in my garage surplus to requirments.

Pm me if your interested

Just read your post properly - They fit Very well, are well made and are super sturdy. I don't find them to be to high for me and i don't think the overall depth is any if much more than the original 205 subframes. I'm 5'10 so you have a couple of inches on me. I have a few mates of similar hieght to you and they have no problems sitting and driving. The slider goes back a long way. Far enough back infact that theres only an inche between the back of the front seat and the rear seat.

Edited by Daz_C

Sign in to follow this