• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stealth_pug

Fueling Issues

stealth_pug

Hi, i have a uk rallye engine in my 205, its been cammed and had the head port and polished and gives out 95bhp. The problem is though when i got it the choke part of the carb had broke so was constantly open causing it to run like a bag of poo unless it was flat out. Now i'v changed the carb for a twin solex off a gt and although it seems to run a lot smoother the fuel consumption has gone up. Its only getting about 50 miles to a tenner!! :angry::D Im assuming this has something to do with the carb not being setup for the engine. But if the carbs off an engine giving only 75bhp then surely it would be underfueling not overfueling

Can anybody help here as its costing me a fortune!!

Jrod

Is that 50 miles when you have been driving it hard? If so I don't think it's *that* bad?

stealth_pug

nope, thats 50 miles of normalish driving!

Sandy

The cam will harm economy more than the carb typically. Maybe it was running too lean before.

axnutty

Have you had it set up at all since fitting the new carb? Gas analyser? RR? It could be a number of things that are well out which wont be helping. My old GT returned about 90miles/£10 on a good run and that was getting 98BHP. So seems a bit low to me. All the service parts in good condition? Air filter, etc.

Edited by axnutty

stealth_pug

no havent had it set up yet but will do, was just trying to get it going as well as i could before I start spending lots on RR etc but i think thats gonna be the only option. Cheers for the help though guys.

Sign in to follow this