• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Fuel Injection Relay Socket Wear

KRISKARRERA

The fuel injection relay is ok. The problem is the socket the relay plugs into - a "female" space connector (arrowed in the pic below) looks like it needs squeezing together so that it grips the "male" spade on the relay but gawd knows how i'm gonna do that.

I'm trying to work out if there's any way I can get the female end out of the brown socket to crimp it in a bit.

copyofp1140013uh0.th.jpg

Edited by KRISKARRERA

lagonda

Hi,

You'll find the terminals are held in place by a projecting tongue. Needless to say it will be pretty inaccessible, however if there is some give in the plastic casing you may be able to push the tongue flat enough to disengage it & pull the terminal from the casing. Trouble is locating the tongue!

Shouldn't really be necessary to do that though. If you're careful you should be able to bend the springy/central part of the terminal down towards the other face of the terminal. Best done with a jeweller's screwdriver, largest that you can get in the space available. You can likewise force in slightly the sides of the terminal. They're only brass, not steel so give fairly easily, but they can get brittle so don't be too heavy handed. Ideal is to have a scrap male terminal of the right dimensions to try in each terminal. That way you won't need to remove the terrminals from the casing.

KRISKARRERA

Thanks, I'll have a good look tomorrow and see what I can do.

sonofsam

Not be easier to cut and crimp on a less worn socket, did this to mine as it had a cracked casing and had many more wires than yours..

Miles

Stick a self tapper in the end, job done.

But you can buy the crimp's and block's so you can start again (really need the crimp tools to go with them thou), but I suspect the wires would have gone brittle by now too in true Pug style

KRISKARRERA
Not be easier to cut and crimp on a less worn socket..
I think I've got one of those spare somewhere actually.

Stick a self tapper in the end, job done.
A what?? :angry:

Any idea when I can get connectors like these from?:

p1140001vy1.th.jpg

sonofsam
Any idea when I can get connectors like these from?:

I dont know, when can you get them :angry:

Try Maplin, Farnell or RS.

pugrallye

Raychem, as they are the only people who manufactured them, you can recycle them if your very very patient and like bending the crimps back open!

Sign in to follow this