• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Irish Al

306 Xsi Disc Size And Pad Shape

Irish Al

Having done lots of searches on here before buying upsized front calipers I decided to go down the route of 306 XSI calipers.

They came from a L Reg 1994 8V 306 XSI.

Problem is I went onto brakeworld and europarts and both are listing the disc as 247mm. Quick visit out to the shed to double check and the old discs are definately 266m.

Positive of the donar car so are the websites wrong.

Need new discs and pads and dont want to get the wrong ones.

Can i get a number from the caliper that will tell me what car they are from ?

Al

Anthony

Defo 266mm - order the parts for a 306 S16 (or ZX 16v) as they used the same calipers/disks but are generally listed as the correct parts :ph34r:

Richie-Van-GTi

sounds like the 306 had a brake swap, IIRC only the 16v xsi came with the 266 setup unless it was an end of line in which case all sorts of combinations were used. Shouldnt be end of line on L plate though

Anthony
sounds like the 306 had a brake swap, IIRC only the 16v xsi came with the 266 setup unless it was an end of line in which case all sorts of combinations were used. Shouldnt be end of line on L plate though

All the XSi 8v's I've seen have had the same 266mm setup as the S16 on them

Richie-Van-GTi

weird, mind Ive only worked on 2 of them and both of them had 247's, They were both the 2.0 xsi. What about the 1.8's?

welshpug

IIRC, they might even be the same as 405 discs and pads? My ZX 16v certainly looks to have the same calipers as my 405, they both have the sticky downy bit on the caliper.

Miles

Listed in my Mintex book the Cab has the smaller disc's and the XSi's S16's have the 266, But I know I had the 405 calipers on both of my S16's and XSi which was on a 'L' too

Sign in to follow this