• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
funkymofo

Picking Up A Roll Cage

funkymofo

I have just bought a 2nd hand omp cage which already has the door bars welded in and has come out of a track car. Do you think it would fit in an Audi A6 estate with the seats folded down or will I need to borrow a van of someone? (not a massive problem but not as easy as nicking my old mans car)

Can the cage be broken down at all to fit or will it have to stay as it is?

Cheers.

Butler

The cage joins above the doors. The door bars should be removable. Check he hasn't welded them in.

funkymofo

5a52_1.JPG

Cant quite tell from the pic but doesnt look welded to me. thanks

Butler

Thats different to my omp cage. Looks like an SD cage.

funkymofo

well I hope so haha, it didnt say what make it was I just thought it looked like an OMP one.

Got it for £205 so if it is SD I got a reet bargain

Anthony

I just about managed to fit a OMP cage in the back of my 306, although it was a fairly tight squeeze. Main problem is that the rear section doesn't break down like a SD cage does, so it's one big lump.

I should think it would fit into an A6 Estate pretty easily mind you.

Emmy Seize

Not an OMP cage indeed.

I managed to transport an OMP cage for my Mini in my Seat Leon, so an A6 should well be big enough.

Don´t think the doorbars are welded in unless the guy has cut the cage out of the car.

funkymofo

sounds promising :unsure: Just wanted to check before I make a 200 mile round trip only to find out it wont fit haha.

anyone got any ideas on what make the cage is then?

Sign in to follow this