• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Declasm

Dented Sill, Please Advise

Guest Declasm

When I was jacking my gti up to get the axle stands in, the peugeot jack broke causing the car to put a big dent (pics to follow) in the drivers side sill when it fell awkwardly on the unpositioned axle stand. I've only the had the car a few weeks and still haven't driven it properly (waiting on replacement start motor). I've had a look and found few places online that can send me a new sill for about £30 inc. p&p. is this the right part for the driver's side - Beevers panels? can anyone give a guestimate of how much it might cost to have someone weld the new part in and then tell me how to finish it - i've painted car body panels before but not sills - should I just, fill, hammerite and paint?

Richie-Van-GTi

try pulling it out, put a self tapper in the centre of the dent and use that to pull, may minimise the amount of filler required then just filler it over and paint. Should be fine.

That is the right sill yes. Fitting isnt that simple as other parts need to be removed such as wing to fit the sill correctly.

Guest Declasm

I did think about pulling it out - is the metal in the sill pretty thick? will it just pull out by hand or will it take something more serious?

Paintguy

The sills aren't particularly thick, but you may find you need something like a slide hammer to pull it out enough.

Once you get the pics up I should be able to advise you better :unsure:

Sign in to follow this